Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen... It's The Muppet Alphabet

Just as a lark, I started to play around with designing the letters of the alphabet as Muppet characters. Turns out that a few of them translated quite well, so I thought I would put it all together as The Muppet Alphabet. I hope you enjoy this as much as I enjoyed putting it together. It has also inspired few other Muppetational ideas that I may post in the future.



By the way, I know I cheated a little with Sam the Eagle as "E." The only other idea I could come up with was the Elvises, but I thought Sam deserved the spotlight. Plus, I couldn't come up with any ideas for X, not even after considering Fraggles and Sesame Street Muppets.

UPDATE: I've posted a NEW and IMPROVED Muppet Alphabet at http://muppet-mania.blogspot.com/2011/06/ladies-and-gentlemen-its-muppet.html. I think this may have solved the issue with the missing "X"

UPDATE: Along with the NEW Muppet Alphabet, I've also started taking on a whole bunch of new projects. Designs based on The Simpsons, Sesame Street, Pixar, the Muppets and more can be found at http://baboondesign.blogspot.com/.

5 comments:

  1. Looks very cool! I've been pondering your "X" issue. Muppet Wiki lists a group from Muppets Tonight called "The Extremes", not sure if that would work:
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/The_Extremes
    Or I was also thinking that I've got a Sesame Street alphabet CD and for X they have Sherlock Hemlock singing about "X marks the spot". Don't know if that's too much of a stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Creative! Each alphabetical character requires a moment to take in while your brain figures out who they are ... Can you spell http://LosTiteres.TV with my puppet cast? That'd be so cool...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is truly amazing. Have you thought about basing the X off of a Muppaphone and maybe crossing two of Marvin Suggs' mallets behind it? It's not as literal as the others, but it's close. I would love to see this alphabet complete.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone for the great feedback and ideas. I think I've solved the issue for X, but let me know your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete